Welcome to Catholic Central Campus Ministry!
Disconnecting from daily routines and spending time away with classmates provides students an opportunity to reconnect with God. For this reason, Catholic Central students are required to participate in their annual class retreat. Each retreat has a different format and theme, listed below:
- Freshmen Retreat– A single-day retreat focusing on their identity as a child of God.
- Sophomore Retreat– A single-day retreat helping students discover how nature can teach us about who God is and His role in our lives.
- Junior Retreat – Run by the staff at the Bergamo Retreat Center, this overnight retreat helps juniors learn about holy relationships with one another.
- Kairos– Seniors participate in this three and half day retreat experience aimed at helping students reconnect with themselves, others and with God.
Peer Ministry & Prayer:
Students interested in leadership in campus ministry can participate in peer ministry training. Student leaders plan and run class retreat, lead morning prayer and participate in various ministries in Mass.
- Mass –The high school celebrates Mass at least once a month, either an all-school Mass for holy days or class Masses.
- Morning Prayer –Every morning, the entire high school gathers for prayer led by a student leader or faculty member. Prayer can be personal faith stories, religious anecdotes or reflections on church teaching.
- Various all-school activities – In order to engage students in their faith, the life of the church and the liturgical year, the campus minister and student leaders invite students to participate in ongoing activities including the saint search, and Advent hallway decorating contest.
In addition to official programming, Campus Ministry serves the faculty, staff and students at Catholic central through prayer and pastoral care. The campus minister is available to talk with parents, staff and students in times of crisis or stress, as well pray with and for members of the community.